- Continue sun precautions for at least 2 weeks, and use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 20.
- Until initial skin irritation subsides, avoid hot water and avoid any products irritating to the skin.
- The laser destroys only hair roots that are in the active growth phase, and so for best results, the procedure must be repeated in 6-8 week intervals for each area. A minimum of 7-10 treatments are typically needed for effective results.
- Maintenance treatments may be required every 6-12 months following the initial treatment series in order to prevent activation of dormant hair follicles. The number of treatments needed depends upon the amount and character of the hair. Hormonal changes may also affect new hair growth.
- Affected hairs will typically release from the body within 1-3 weeks. Until this time, hairs may appear to continue growing until the body is able to expel them.
- Cerave PM for the face and Cerave Moisturizing Cream for legs as well are recommended after your laser treatment. These are available at our office.